Licensed Professional Surveyor with a knowledge of supervision and office management, and knowledge of computer-aided drafting, GIS, and/or other computer related skills.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Ohio Professional Surveyor's License
- Full-time, Exempt, Unclassified
- Under direction, supervises tax map office; supervises the updating of existing tax maps; ensures compliance with Ohio surveying standards and the Clark County Conveyance Standards & Boundary Survey Requirements; checks, verifies, and approves deed descriptions, survey drawings, and record plats.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Supervises tax map office and assigned personnel (e.g., recommends employment, termination, and discipline; handles grievances; evaluates personnel; schedules and assigns work; etc.); ensures coverage of office to respond to questions and accept filings; originates letters and other written documents.
- Oversees changes to existing tax maps; maintains suitable filing system.
- Checks, verifies, and researches deed descriptions, survey records, and other official documents; advises public, other county offices, surveyors, attorneys, etc., of errors and problems and best way to correct deficiencies; computes accuracy of legal description.
- Verify accuracy of deed descriptions and surveys; operates variety of office equipment including wide format plotter/scanner, photocopier, telephone, and fax.
- Assists general public, other county offices, surveyors, attorneys, etc., in locating maps and records; explains problems and procedures to Auditor's and Recorder's employees.
- Maintains all required licenses and/or certificates.
*Work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.*
*$55,000 - $80,000, dependent upon qualifications.*
If you wish to be considered for this position, select the link below for the Engineer’s Office Employment Application; go to the Clark County Website at www.clarkcountyohio.gov, click on Job Opportunities, proceed to the position listing which will contain a link for the Engineer’s Office Employment Application; or contact the Engineer’s Office to obtain an Employment Application.
A letter of interest, resume and applications may be submitted in person, or be mailed to: 4075 Laybourne Road, Springfield, OH 45505; or faxed to 937‐328‐2473; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ADA COMPLIANCE EMPLOYER, M/F V/H