The Clark County Fair Housing Program insures fair housing practices through education; assists those who may be victims of housing discrimination; identifies barriers to fair housing practices; works with government to improve fair housing laws; and takes action to ensure laws are properly enforced throughout Clark County.
- To inform housing consumers that housing markets are open to all without bias and assist consumers in securing fair housing rights when they experience housing discrimination.
- To work with area real estate and lending providers to ensure that housing markets are open to all without bias.
- To analyze impediments to fair housing in Clark County and develop and implement plans to overcome impediments identified in various circumstances.
- To provide information and referral for landlord-tenant issues.
- Information about Fair Housing Law: Rights and Responsibilities.
- Assistance in filing Fair Housing Complaints to secure rights and remedies under the law.
- Information and Referral on Landlord-Tenant Issues.
- Educational presentations on Fair Housing and related issues.
Fair Housing Complaints
- CCO Fair Housing Complaint Form (PDF)
- OCRC Fair Housing Complaint Form
- US HUD Fair Housing Complaint Form
Fair Housing Outreach Information
- CCO Fair Housing Tenant-Landlord Guide
- US HUD Brochure – Fair Housing Opportunity for All (English)
- US HUD Brochure – Fair Housing Opportunity for All (Espanol)
- OCRC Brochure – Fair Housing Rights & Responsibilities (English)
- OCRC Brochure – Fair Housing Rights & Responsibilities (Espanol)
- Ohio OCD Brochure – Know Your Rights Fair Housing Laws (English)
- Manufactured Housing Rights & Responsibilities
Fair Housing Training
The Clark County Community and Economic Development Department will be holding training events regarding tenant and landlord Rights & Responsibilities. These sessions are free, and the public is encouraged to attend. Registration is not required. Participants will come away with the following information:
- Tenant rights
- Tenant responsibilities
- Housing options in Clark County
- Impediments to Fair Housing in Clark County
- Land Lord responsibilities
- Resources available for Tenant/Land Lord issues
The trainings will take place via ZOOM Meeting:
Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 10 a.m.
Meeting ID: 836 5129 1147
Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 2 p.m.
Meeting ID: 854 0914 8884