How do I file charges against someone?
You should start by filing a report with the law enforcement jurisdiction where the crime occurred. (Springfield Police Division, Clark County Sheriff's Department, Enon Police Department, German Township Police Department, etc.) If the suspect is a juvenile you can come to the Clark County Prosecutor's Office and pick up a juvenile charge packet. When you complete the charge packet, the Clark County Prosecutor's Office will facilitate that packet being filed in the Clark County Juvenile Court.

Show All Answers

1. Why was my case dismissed when the suspect was just recently arrested?
2. How do I file charges against someone?
3. I was recently arrested and have questions about my case. Can I talk to someone in your office?
4. I am a victim of a crime that occurred in the City of Springfield. Does the City Prosecutor's Office handle my case?
5. My family member was recently arrested. Can I get a copy of their discovery packet?
6. I have information about a crime, who do I call?
7. I would like to know what is going on with a case in which I am a victim. Whom should I call?
8. How do I request the prosecutor to speak at my event?