Clark County Veterans Office Van Transportation
The Clark County Veterans Service Commission operates two vans which are used provide you with transportation to and from the Dayton VA Medical Center.
Only veterans with verified appointments will be transported. Walk-ins must have a VA staff member sign the appointment sheet confirming the veteran was a walk-in.Transportation is for veterans only. Spouses or other companions who wish to accompany a veteran for medical reasons will need a statement from the veterans physician indicating this need.
Schedule/Cancel a Ride
Scheduling or cancelling a ride must be made through the Clark County Veterans Office at (937) 521-2030. You are NOT to call the van driver for any reason. Cancellations must be made prior to 4:00p.m. the day before the scheduled ride; after that you will be counted as a "no show". For transportation on Mondays, any cancellations must be made prior to 3:00p.m. the Friday before the ride. Additionally, prior to or at the time of the first ride a veteran must complete and return the Van Transportation Agreement (PDF).
In order to continue this service all passengers are expected to abide by the following rules and standards at all times:
- If you have a scheduled ride to the Dayton VAMC, you are expected to ride there and back the same day. A statement from VA staff will be needed if you need to stay longer or are unable to ride the van back.
- Passengers are expected to conduct themselves appropriately at all times. Rude and/or disrespectful behavior towards the driver or other passengers will not be tolerated.
*Violations in the above standards will result in the following consequences:
- 1st Offense ~ Written Warning
- 2nd Offense ~ 90 day sanction
- 3rd Offense ~ 180 day sanction
- 4th Offense ~ permanent sanction
*Please keep in mind the Clark County Veterans Office retains the right to deny transportation at any time for just cause.